The purpose of Conferences
The general purpose of European Conferences is to provide opportunities for scientists and engineers from all over Europe to meet and to discuss current research on a broad range of subjects. Europe is a very compact geographical region, well provided with conference facilities, and this makes it feasible to hold inexpensive meetings.
The fact that the European Conferences are organized by Europeans primarily for the benefit of Europeans should be kept in mind. Qualified scientists from any country are of course welcome as participants, but the need to improve communications within Europe is relevant to the scientific programme and to the choice of leading speakers.
These Conferences are broad in scientific scope, are open to all those interested, and are expected to have a number of participants between 150 and 600. The present series of European Conferences is shown in the list below, together with the expected frequency:
- European Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC), held every three years;
- European Nonlinear Oscillations Conference (ENOC), held every three years;
- European Fluid Mechanics Conference (EFMC), held every two years;
- European Turbulence Conference (ETC), held every two years;
- European Mechanics of Materials Conference (EMMC), held every two years.