487 – Structure Sensitive Mechanics of Polymer Materials-Physical and Mechanical Aspects
10 October 2006 – 13 October 2006
Prof. Yves Remond
Institut de Mecanique des Fluides et de Solids
UMR 7507 ULP
67000 Strasbourg, France
Prof. Stanislav Patlazhan
Institute of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences
EUROMECH contact person: Prof. Ahmed Benallal
The following topics will be discussed:
- Constitutive modeling of structure sensitive deformation processes in semi-crystalline and amorphous polymers.
- Physical origin of strain-induced structural transitions.
- Structural studies of deformation-induced transformations in solid polymers: crystallization, recrystallization,
- melting, chain orientation, voiding.
- Structure and ultimate properties of polymer materials including polymer-based and rubber composites.
- Localization processes (shear banding, crazing) in semi-crystalline, glassy, and cured polymers.